I hereby acknowledge that I am over the age of 18, that I am the parent and/or legal guardian of the child (“Child”), or children registered for this event, and that I have the authority to make agreements on behalf of Child. I further acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to enroll Child in, or attend an event hosted by, the Coder Kids Club (“Club”) operated by Pongos Interactive, LLC (“Pongos”). I also give consent to Child’s participation in Club-related activities. I also acknowledge that all of the terms listed in this document apply to me, as well, when I attend an event.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
I understand that certain risks are inherent in any recreational activity. I agree that there may be a risk of injury or harm to the Child as a result of Club activities, and I knowingly and voluntarily assume all risks of such injury or harm. I also understand and agree that it is my and the Child’s responsibility to safeguard his or her personal belongings, and I knowingly and voluntarily assume all risk that personal belongings brought to camp may be lost, misplaced, damaged, or stolen. I hereby waive and release Pongos (and its owners, agents, partners, representatives, employees, contractors, staff, and volunteers, as well as the same for Pongos and Club partner facilities) from any liability, including but not limited to claims based on negligence or some other act or omission, for any injury, illness, or harm to Child or damage of any personal property incurred while attending Club-related activities.
SAFETY & CONDUCT
For everyone’s safety, children must follow all staff instructions. I understand that if Child’s actions or attitude are deemed detrimental to other participants, staff, or the general atmosphere, he or she may be sent home without any reimbursement for any payment to Pongos. I agree to accept full responsibility, financially or otherwise, for the conduct of Child — including paying restitution for damage to equipment, property, and facilities, including the personal property of other participants. Pongos is not required or expected to protect Club participants from theft or damage to personal property.
MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION & SPECIAL NEEDS
I understand and agree that I am responsible for determining the Child’s medical, physical or other qualifications and suitability for participating in the Club and its activities. I agree to disclose to Pongos and Club staff any pertinent medical, physical, or other conditions and special needs that may affect Child’s participation in these activities. I understand measures will be taken to safeguard the health and safety of all participants; however, in the event of need, I hereby grant permission of Pongos or its authorized representatives to arrange for such medical care that the Child may require. This includes minor medical care by Pongos staff members. In the event of serious injury or illness, Pongos will call 911. Pongos will also use all reasonable efforts to contact the parent, guardian, and/or people listed as emergency contacts. I am aware that Pongos assumes no liability for the costs or provision of medical care in the event that care is needed during or after this program.
PHOTO & VIDEO RELEASE
Some Club sessions may be videotaped or photographed. I grant permission for the use of the Child’s image, voice, and work created at the Club, which may be captured through video, photo, digital camera, or other media, for Pongos and/or Club training, promotional materials, publications, and other commercial purposes.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
If you register for summer camp and your child can no longer attend, you can cancel and receive a refund or credit according to our policy. All summer camp cancellations for a refund will incur a $25 cancellation fee (per camp and camper) to cover administrative costs.
Our cancellation policy for summer camps is as follows (the current camp year is the year the camp will occur):
- Receive a full refund (minus the $25 cancellation fee) through March 31 of the current camp year.
- Receive a 75% refund of registration fees and a full refund of lab fees from April 1 – May 31 of the current camp year. No refunds will be given after May 31 of the current camp year.
- Starting June 1 of the current camp year, cancellations will receive a store credit for the full amount as long as the cancellation is made at least two weeks in advance of the camp start date. The credit can be used for a different week of camp during the summer or camp in the future. Cancellations made within two weeks of the camp start date are not eligible for credits.
- If you need to cancel a camp that was purchased with a store credit, you must do so at least two weeks in advance to transfer the credit to another camp. Cancellations made within two weeks of the camp start date will forfeit the credit.
- If a child must miss days due to illness, we will issue a store credit for the missed days after you provide a doctor’s note to cover the missed days.
- There are no refunds or credits for missed sessions or days due reasons other than illness.
For mini-camps and classes, cancellations made at least 30 days in advance of the first day of the class/camp session are eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made 15 days before the first day of the class/camp session are eligible for a 50% refund, minus any lab fees. Cancellations made less than 15 days before the start of the class/camp session will not be refunded.
Club memberships are month-to-month, and can be canceled at any time. We do not prorate the membership fee if you choose to cancel before the end of your term, and your child will have access to the club until the membership term ends. If you cancel within 48 hours after being charged the subscription fee, we will refund the cost as long as your child has not attended a club session in the interim.
Pongos and the Club reserve the right to vary programs and to reschedule or cancel an event if it is under-subscribed or for any other reason. Pongos and the Club aim to give participants at least 1 week’s notice if an event is rescheduled or canceled, and give a full refund for canceled events.
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION & BINDING ARBITRATION
I acknowledge that this Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland. I consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Maryland in any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement. This Agreement contains a binding arbitration provision, which may be enforced by me or by Company. I agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be settled by binding arbitration in lieu of litigation. The arbitration shall be held in the state/province and county in which the camp is held, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction under this section. The prevailing party in the arbitration shall be entitled to recover expenses, including costs and reasonable attorney’s fees associated therewith. I hereby acknowledge that I agree to and will comply with the terms of the binding arbitration provision. Should any part of this Agreement be found invalid or not enforceable by a court of law, the remaining portion shall continue to be valid and enforceable. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between Pongos and me (on behalf of the named minor). By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and agreed to all the terms set forth in this Agreement.
Early Drop-Off & Late Pick-Up Policy
Parents of participants enrolled in Club activities will be charged $1.00 per minute per child (maximum of $2.50 per minute per family) for early drop-off and late pick-up based on the program start and end times listed for an event. For the purposes of this policy, “staff” refers to Club owners, agents, partners, representatives, employees, contractors, staff, and volunteers.
- If you know you are going to be late please notify the Club so we can let your child and the teachers know. A late fee will still be charged.
- If a parent or authorized pick-up person does not arrive or call by 5 minutes past the designated pick-up time, staff will assume an emergency exists and will begin to call emergency contacts for your child.
- If no emergency contact can be reached within 30 minutes past the designated pick-up time, staff may contact the local police department, who will pick up the child.
- Early drop-off and late pick-up fees must be paid to Club staff upon drop-off or pick-up.
- Continued disregard for the drop-off or pick-up time or failure to pay fees can be cause for the child’s termination from the program, without a refund.
It is very important to have updated contact information in your child’s file at all times. Any child who is not picked up will be under the supervision of an assigned teacher/administrator until the parent, emergency contact, or the authorities arrive.
Please note that before and aftercare are only for children who also attend the full-day program.
By visiting Pongos, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to illness and infectious diseases. To minimize the risk of exposure, we follow the CDC and Maryland Department of Health guidelines, and we will notify parents at drop-off if any additional measures such as masks are required on any given day (we will provide masks if you do not have them). On a day-to-day basis, the following policies are in effect:
- Children who are ill are not permitted to attend any events. Illness includes symptoms such as:
- Loose stools/diarrhea
- Suspected communicable disease
- Nuisance conditions not currently being treated, e.g., ringworm, scabies, head lice
- Red, draining eyes
- Persistent runny nose with yellow/green discharge, accompanied by fever
- Productive cough, accompanied by fever
- Undiagnosed rash
- Children with a fever (> 100.3 °F) must stay home until they are fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication.
- Children with a known communicable disease are not permitted to attend any events without a doctor’s note.
- If your child becomes ill during an event, they will be isolated until a parent can pick them up.
- If a staff member contacts you to notify you that your child is ill, you must make arrangements for your child to be picked up in a timely manner. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the program.