- Weekly Clubs: The number of sessions your child can attend depends on which membership level you select. See the weekly club schedule below.
- Single Membership: One club per week is included.
- Double Membership: Two clubs per week are included.
- Triple Membership: Three clubs per week are included.
- Deluxe Membership: Up to ten clubs per week are included.
- Ultimate Membership: All clubs are included! Your child can come as often as they want and for as long as they want while clubs are in session. Plus, you get extra special discounts on Parents Night Out and School’s Out Mini-Camps.
- A welcome package including a t-shirt and stickers.
- 10% discount on all of our camps. This discount does not apply to lab fees or before/aftercare. Ultimate members get 50% off School’s Out Mini-Camps!
- 10% discount on Parents Night Out (100% discount for Ultimate Members).
- $25 discount on birthday parties.
- Unlimited admission to the Little Learners Lab for members under the age of 7. If your child qualifies for Little Learners Lab, there is no need to sign up for a Little Learners Lab membership if they have a K-8 Club membership! Check out our Little Learners Lab membership if you have a younger sibling who isn’t yet in kindergarten.
- Ultimate members also get the following:
- Early club drop-off (3 pm) – Please send in a nut-free snack!
- FREE Parents Night Out
- 50% discount on School’s Out Mini-Camps
Each child who attends a club needs a membership, so if you have more than one child, please add a membership for each one who will be taking advantage of the benefits.
Memberships are valid from the sign-up date and automatically renew each month unless you cancel before the renewal date. If you cancel within 48 hours after renewal, contact us if you need a refund. We assume that kids might be out sick, and the office will be closed occasionally for holidays, weather, and other events, and account for that in the monthly membership cost. We don’t offer make-up sessions for missed meetings. If your child cannot attend for a few weeks, you can cancel your membership and then resume it when they can return. We typically won’t have clubs on the following days:
- Labor Day
- Halloween (clubs end at 5:20)
- Thanksgiving Week
- Winter Break
- Spring Break
Want to try it out before you sign up? Book a free preview.
Weekly Club Schedule
When the 2022-2023 school year starts on August 29, we will have clubs running from 3:30 to 7:20. Transportation will not be provided at this time, but we’re working on that! Clubs are appropriate for kids in grades K-8. On days AACPS lets out 2 hours early, we will also add clubs at 1:30 and 2:30.
- 3:30-4:20 – Block Builders
- 4:30-5:20 – Coder Kids
- 5:30-6:20 – Crafters
- 6:30-7:20 – Minecraft
- 9:00-9:50 – Block Builders (Starting 9/6/2022)
- 10:00-10:50 – STEAM (Starting 9/6/2022)
- 11:00-11:50 – Minecraft (Starting 9/6/2022)
- 3:30-4:20 – Gross, Messy, and Fun Science
- 4:30-5:20 – Robotics
- 5:30-6:20 – Coder Kids
- 6:30-7:20 – YouTube Stars
- 3:30-4:20 – Escape the Club (Escape Rooms and Breakout Boxes)
- 4:30-5:20 – Minecraft
- 5:30-6:20 – YouTube Stars
- 6:30-7:20 – Art Club
- 3:30-4:20 – Inventors
- 4:30-5:20 – Gamers (Electronic)
- 5:30-6:20 – Robotics
- 6:30-7:20 – Coder Kids
- 3:30-4:20 – Gamers (Tabletop)
- 4:30-5:20 – Nature Explorers
- 5:30-6:20 – Roblox
- 6:30-7:20 – STEAM
Our clubs follow a constructivist approach to learning. In the constructivist classroom, learning objectives are student-centered, and students explore, solve problems, and ask questions. The instructor acts as a guide who provides learning experiences that will challenge students. We provide scaffolding to enable children to solve tasks or achieve goals that would be beyond their unassisted efforts. Students can explore their Zone of Proximal Development (the difference between what they know and what they do not) to construct new learning and build critical thinking skills.
- Art – Each week, we will work on an art project using various media and techniques, including drawing, painting, sculpture, and more. Some weeks we might do electronic art!
- Block Building – Kids can free-build or join weekly challenges with our large collection of LEGO bricks, wooden blocks, and other building toys. This club allows kids to be social while learning basic engineering skills.
- Coder Kids – Depending on reading ability and skill, students will learn how to code with Scratch, Java, Lua, and Python. Kids who don’t yet have strong reading skills will learn coding fundamentals using symbol-based activities. For this club, students work independently with instructor guidance and support. Please note that computers for this club are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you want to guarantee that your child has a computer to use, please send them in with a laptop that has Minecraft (Java Edition), Roblox, Roblox Studio, and Chrome. Kids in grades 3+ also need to bring a headset for this club.
- Crafters – Kids will learn how to craft fun and functional items using various tools and media. We will make jewelry, accessories, and much more. Materials are generally included, but kids might sometimes need to bring extra stuff from home for this club.
- Escape the Club – In this club, kids will learn about escape rooms and breakout boxes. Some weeks we will plan and design them, and others, we’ll play them! If your child attends this club, we recommend coming for a few weeks in a row so they have time to plan out an entire escape room or breakout box scenario.
- Gamers – We offer both electronic and tabletop versions of this club. For the electronic session, kids will use Nintendo Switch and Xbox consoles to play various games. Tabletop gamers will play board, card, and other tabletop games. We encourage group gaming for both versions of this club.
- Gross, Messy, and Fun Science – This club is exactly as the name implies: gross, messy, and fun! Kids will do a different gross, messy, and/or fun experiment or activity each week.
- Inventors – In this club, we will spend time planning and building a variety of inventions.
- Minecraft – Students will participate in weekly build challenges, Redstone walkthroughs, and fun mini-games. Most kids use the Java edition of Minecraft for this club. We can support the Bedrock edition, but students using that version won’t be able to access the private server. This is a social club where kids will have an opportunity to improve their story-telling and spatial reasoning skills. We use elements of physics and engineering in this club.
- Nature Explorers – Coming soon!
- Roblox – Each week, kids will choose a Roblox game to play together using computers or tablets. When possible, the instructor will create a private server for everyone in the club to join.
- Robotics – Kids will learn how to program and even build various robots. They will be able to select from the following robots based on their reading and skill level: Cue, Dash, Dot, LEGO Mindstorm, LEGO WeDo, Ozobot Bit, and Ozobot Evo. For this club, students will typically work independently with instructor guidance and support. They can use pre-made instructions for building and coding, or they can explore their interests.
- STEAM – Kids will do various activities centered around science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. We’ll do different activities each week, like making slime, creating art, planning and building invention prototypes, and much more. Students will be given basic instructions for each activity and then encouraged to experiment as a group.
- YouTube Stars – Future YouTube Stars will learn how to plan, rehearse, record, edit, and publish videos for YouTube. Instructors will encourage kids to plan their projects and provide basic instructions on how to use the software and hardware. Each month we will work on a different area of focus:
- January, April, July, and October – Gaming Videos – Kids need a headset for this month
- February, May, August, and November – Animation
- March, June, September, and December – Non-computer Videos (How-to, toy review, unboxing, skit, etc…)
A USB headset is required for Coder Kids Club (grades 3+) at all times and YouTube Stars when we work on Gaming Videos (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct). This is the headset we recommend: https://amzn.to/3mj7sHK