It’s time to party like a STEAM star! Pongos Learning Lab offers a variety of fun and sometimes even educational parties for kids of all ages.
Parties start at $150/hour for up to 10 kids, $250/hour for 11-20 kids, $350/hour for 21-30 kids, and $450/hour for 31-40 kids. Some activities also have a per-child cost. Travel for locations up to 20 miles from Crofton, MD, is included. Parties beyond that distance will incur an additional travel fee.
We have a lot of activities to choose from. Some activities can be included in the cost of the party, but some require an additional fee per participant. You can choose 1-2 activities, but check the time (hours) for each activity and schedule enough time to accommodate the selected activities. Please note the age ranges and maximum number of participants for each activity. Most activities require table space. Plan on about 2×2 feet per person who will participate in the activity.
|Activity||Description||Time (Hours)||Ages||Max Kids|
|Animation||Kids will design their own stories, characters (which they’ll take home), and backdrops and then create a stop-motion animation we will upload to our YouTube channel.||2||5+||40|
|Breakout Boxes||Have all the fun of an escape room, but in a box! We will customize the boxes and puzzles for your child’s theme and/or interests. As kids finish the boxes, they can work on creating coded messages for each other until all of the kids are finished.||1||5+||40|
|Fuse Beads||Kids will make at least one fun fuse bead creation to take home.||1||5+||20|
|Gaming (Computers)||We will bring our gaming laptops with Minecraft and Roblox for the kids to play together on one of our private servers (depending on the game). You will need great WiFi (512Mbps or better), and kids must bring their own Minecraft and/or Roblox accounts. Kids can also bring their own devices to join in, but please note if we’re playing Minecraft, it will be the Java Edition, and they must have that version to join our private server. Our private Minecraft server can accommodate up to 20 kids, but some private servers for Roblox games allow fewer kids. Kids accounts must be set up to allow them to play on multiplayer servers. We recommend selecting a single game for all kids to play prior to the start of the party. Please note that all laptops must be set up on a table, so we recommend about 3×2 feet of table space per participant for this activity.||2||5+||16|
|Gaming (Tablets)||We will bring our tablets with Minecraft and Roblox for the kids to play together on one of our private servers (depending on the game). You will need great WiFi (512Mbps or better), and kids must bring their own Minecraft and/or Roblox accounts. Kids can also bring their own devices to join in. Please note that our two private Minecraft servers can each accommodate a maximum of 10 kids, and kids accounts must be set up to allow them to play on multiplayer servers. We recommend selecting a single game for all kids to play prior to the start of the party.||2||5+||20|
|LEGO/Duplo Challenge/Free Build||This is a fun activity for all ages.||1||3+||40|
|LEGO/Duplo Make & Take||If you want kids to be able to take their LEGO builds home with them, select this option instead. Kids will each be given a packet of LEGO or Duplo bricks to use for their challenges and will take home their builds and any leftover pieces.||1||3+||40|
|Robotics||We have well over a hundred robots (we’re not kidding!) appropriate for kids as young as 5 years old. This activity can be as simple as programming Ozobots (ages 5+) with lines and colors to programming a Dash robot (ages 8+). Please note that we will not have all robots available for a party, so we’ll need to know in advance which ones your kids will want to use. Depending on which robots you select, this activity will require lots of table or floor space. Please note we do not currently offer LEGO Robotics for birthday parties.||2||5+||20|
|Slime Party||If your child loves slime, choose this, and we’ll make a BUNCH! Kids will make rubbery slime, fluffy slime, metallic slime, magnetic slime, and “butter” slime. They will also play “Wheel of Slime” where we make a random batch of slime based on ingredients selected by each child attending.||2||5+||20|
|YouTube Stars||Kids will create a group challenge video together to learn the basics and then break off into small groups to create and edit their own challenge videos. We will upload the videos to our YouTube channel but keep them unlisted so only people with the URL can see them.||2||7+||20|
If you want to do an activity that’s not listed, please get in touch with us to determine availability and pricing. We do have a ton of other stuff we can do!
- Can kids be dropped off at the party? That’s up to you, the party host. We provide entertainment and do not supervise children during the party. The party host must supervise the kids and monitor appropriate behavior.
- What happens if extra kids come to the party? We will get your final headcount the week of the event. If additional children show up on the day of the event, we will try to accommodate them, but because we send staff, equipment, and materials based on the final numbers you provide, we might not be able to do so. If we can accommodate them, you will be invoiced for any per-child equipment and material costs incurred.
- Can a costumed character attend my child’s party? Sure! We have a few costumes we can add to parties. For other costumes and entertainment, we can send you recommendations for vendors who can supply costumed characters, face painting, balloon twisting, and other services.
- What if I need to cancel? Birthday parties and special events require prepayment of the total estimated cost at the time of the booking, with an adjustment made the week of the event. If you need to cancel or reschedule the event, you must do so at least two weeks (fourteen calendar days) before the event to receive a full refund of the pre-paid amount. For cancellations made less than two weeks before the event, you will not receive a refund unless you provide adequate and verifiable documentation of an illness, injury, or other exceptional circumstances preventing the event. If you need to reschedule a party and give us less than two weeks’ notice, we will do our best to reschedule the event based on the availability of the facilities and staff, but we cannot guarantee that will be possible.
- Should we tip? It’s totally optional but very much appreciated. If you choose to tip your party host(s), please do so in cash.
- Can I book a party for an adult? Sure! We won’t judge! Because our set party times are appropriate for kids, we suggest contacting us before you book because we might need to enter it manually in the system to accommodate for a later party time.