School is Out Mini-Camp – 2018/2019
December 26 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on October 23, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on November 6, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on November 21, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on November 23, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on December 26, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on December 27, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on December 28, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on December 31, 2018 at 9:00am
One event on January 21, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on January 31, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on February 18, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on March 5, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on April 18, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on April 19, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on April 22, 2019 at 9:00am
Schools are closed for the day, but we will be open! We don’t have a set schedule of lessons for these mini-camps, and will choose activities based on the interests of the kids who attend. Some activities we have done in the past include:
- Play Minecraft and other games on the computers and tablets
- Enjoy a rousing game of Monopoly, Uno, Life, or one of the many other board and card games we have available
- Experiment with STEM toys, like Snap Circuits, littleBits, Dash & Dot, and more
- Watch music videos and have a dance party
This camp is appropriate for kids in grades K through 8.
Kids should bring the following to camp each day:
- A nut-free Lunch
- 1-2 nut-free snacks
- Water and/or water bottle
- Game login info (see below)
Important: Camp is held from 9am-4pm each day. We might add before (8-9am, $5) and/or after (4-6pm, $10) care if we have enough requests for it, so please let us know in the order notes if you need it. Food is not provided at camps, so please make sure your child has lunch, snacks, and drinks for the day. Please don’t send anything with nuts or peanuts, as we have several kids who attend often, with severe allergies to them.
Minecraft, Roblox, & Fortnite Accounts
During some classes, camps, and other events, kids will use Minecraft, Roblox, and/or Fortnite on the computers, usually as part of a lesson. We cannot create accounts for your kids. Kids should have their login information memorized and written down for reference. Need to create an account?
- Minecraft account (requires a purchase of Minecraft: Java Edition): https://minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft/ – This is necessary for any classes, camps, or events that include Minecraft use on the computers, such as Modding Minecraft, Minecraft Club, and Gamer Club. An account is not needed for Minecraft use on tablets.
- Roblox account (free): https://www.roblox.com/ – This is necessary for any classes, camps, or events that include Roblox use, such as Modding Roblox, Game Design, Roblox Club, and Gamer Club.
- Fornite account (free): https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/register – This is usually just for fun, but we might start offering classes with it!
If your child does not have the necessary account for the class, camp, or club, we will try to provide alternate activities. In some cases, that means your child won’t be able to do the lessons with the rest of the class.