- This event has passed.
Robotics (Grades K-2) and Game Design & Coding with Minecraft (Grades 3-8) – July 27-31, 2020 – Summer Camp
July 27 @ 9:00 am - July 31 @ 4:00 pm$75 – $339
This week we’re running 2 topics at once!
- For Grades K-2:
- IN PERSON will be Robotics: Join us for a week of exploring, building, commanding, and programming robots. We will learn how to program robots without code, complete challenges, engineer and program robots, and build our own robots to take home. Kids will work with a variety of robots from Learning Resources, Ozobot, Wonder Workshop, and LEGO. There is a $50 lab fee for this camp.
- ONLINE will be STEAM Club: Join us for a week of fun with science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. Each day we will focus on one of the 5 pillars of STEAM, with fun demos, activities, and experiments. There is no lab fee for this online camp,
- Game Design & Coding with Minecraft for Grades 3-8: Kids will learn how to create their own mods, mini-games, and more in Minecraft. They will use real Java code, in a drag-and-drop editor, to add scripts to their Minecraft games. As kids progress, and become more comfortable with Java, they can try to type the code. They will spend 90 minutes to 3 hours each day doing offline, Minecraft-themed activities, to give their brains and eyes a break from screens. Kids should have a Minecraft: Java Edition account. We will contact you prior to camp with more information, but there is an additional cost for this, payable directly to Mojang (Minecraft). Kids can use our accounts, if needed, but won’t be able to use their mods after camp. There is a $35 lab fee for this camp.
We’re going to be pretty strict about the ages for this week of camp. Please contact us before you register your child up or down a grade level!
This camp is Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm. Before and after care may be available for an additional cost.
Kids should bring the following with them each day:
- A nut-free lunch and snacks
- A water bottle
- Kids in Game Design & Coding with Minecraft should also bring a USB headset