Want to make a Minecraft-inspired paper torch? We do this with some of our camps, and the resulting torches are not only pretty cool, they tend to last a while, thanks to the lamination. They are not indestructible, but can actually be used. My daughter made one, and then used it for camping!
Materials & Equipment
- Paper craft torch printable PDF
- Legal size paper
- Legal size laminating pouch
- Double-sided tape
- (Optional) Small flashlight and additional paper
- Download our paper craft torch printable, and print on legal paper. Don’t use card stock if you plan to laminate!
- Use some scissors to cut out the torch. Try to stay pretty close to the edges.
- Laminate the cut-out, and cut again. Stay close to the edges, but don’t cut all the way to the paper, or the lamination might peel off later.
- Fold on the solid lines, and use double-sided tape to secure all except for the “top” end. The top end is the part that looks like flame, and not wood.
- If you are not using the optional flash light, secure the top end with double-sided tape. Otherwise use some velcro on the outer flap of the top end, so it can be opened/closed to insert flashlight or battery-powered tea light.
- If you wish to use the flashlight, stuff the torch with some small pieces of crumpled paper, and place the flashlight inside. It should shine through the lighter top part, making it look like a real torch!
Important: If you don’t want to laminate, you should use card stock. Just be aware that if you use the flashlight, it might not illuminate very well.